BJ Basic Strategy
Use the navigation menu on the left to access the WCC practice drills.
*NOTE* For mobile users, the navigation menu is at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you may use the dropdown list to jump to another practice drill.
*NOTE* The practice drills are best viewed on a Mac or PC for proper scaling.
How to Play
Blackjack Basic Strategy Rules
You and your staff can practice and quantify your knowledge of Blackjack Basic Strategy for various numbers of decks and various Blackjack rule changes. Developed for me by Dale S. Yeazel, Casino Games Teacher, you'll find the practice tests easy to navigate.
- Choose from Double Deck (DD) or Multi-Deck games (4 to 8 Decks)
- S17 means the House Stands on All 17s
- H17 means the House Hits Soft 17
- DA2 means the player can Double Down on Any 2 Cards
- DAS means the player can Double Down After Splitting a Pair
- NS means No Surrender - The House does not offer Surrender
LS means Late Surrender - The player can Surrender on any two cards after the Dealer checks for Blackjack.
The practice screen will show two player cards and the house up card. Click on the appropriate player decision. Stand-HIT-Double Down-Split-Surrender.
If your decision does not conform to Basic Strategy, you'll see a WRONG! message. The practice test will not move on to the next hand until you get the right answer. As you continue, you'll see a running score and percentage.
Have Fun Learning